What we give, is forever our own - George Granville
Want to help?
Right from the inception of NCF, numerous donors have showered us with their generosity. The donations have been in the form of money as well as volunteering. Several organizations also offer their contribution in the form of workshops, physiotherapy sessions etc. Without this support, we are certain NCF would not have seen the light of this day.
We accept monetary contributions in any denomination. We have 80G registration and qualify for the contributions made under the CSR regulations under the Company Act.
Currently, about 170 residents are staying in the Homes. Our current plans for both the Homes would require donations approximately of Rs 2.50 crores. Even a small contribution from you would go a long way. Join us in achieving our objectives!
The utilization of the donations will be towards the following :
- The maintenance of the premises : The campus being almost 3 decades old encounters constant wear and tear which need to be attended
- Amenities : We are developing a Recreation Area for our elderly residents at our Vishram Dham campus and contributions can help set up exercise equipment within our campus for the elderly
- Skill-building : We recognize that as India’s population ages, skills need to be developed for taking care of this geriatric population. We are in discussions with TISS (www.tiss.edu) to run a skill building program for geriatric care within our premises. Graduates of this program will be able to take care of elderly people and will be employable as aayaas, wardboys. Your contributions will help us subsidize the course fees for the needy students
- Conservation : Currently, the bathing water is heated by solar heaters – our installed capacity is 15,000 liters. In May 2016, we commissioned a 20KW solar plant on our rooftop for electricity generation. Depending on donations, we intend to augment the capacity to 2-3 times. We also intend to set up a waste water treatment plant to conserve water and use the treated gray water for watering our plantations
There are several ways in which you could contribute to this cause. Some of these are listed below:
1) We have a plan to increase the built-up area of the homes to a total of 90,000 sq ft. For this, we are in constant needs of funds. This donation is accepted for:
Plan 1: Various schemes for naming a particular section of our Homes ranging from Rs 11 lacs to Rs 1.25 lacs
Plan 2: Fixing a name plate outside the rooms - Rs 75,000
Plan 3 A permanent right to admit one elderly person subject to admission rules – Rs 50,000. The admitted elderly will have to pay deposit and applicable monthly outgoings
Plan 4: A one-time donation of Rs 11,000/- towards equipment required for one elderly person. Donor’s name will be displayed in the donor’s list
Plan 5: Towards Pooja in our temple on a particular day – Rs 2,500
Plan 6: Donating monies towards our equipment requirement from time to time. For e.g. TV, DVD player, Solar heaters, refrigerator, etc depending upon what we require
Plan 7: Donations are accepted towards the expenses incurred for the maintenance of existing and planned green areas like lawns, tree-planting, etc.
Plan 8: NCF plans to beautify the existing winding road within the Vishram Dham premises. Estimated expenses towards installing statues and chairs at regular intervals along the entire pathway would be in the range of Rs 15 lacs. Donations towards this purpose are welcome
Plan 9: The donors can contribute as per their might. Monetary help as well as any kind of volunteering in any form is always welcome
2) 50% of donations are allowed as deduction under Section 80G of IT Act
3) Exempted under Gift Tax under Section 5 (1) (v) of Gift Tax Act
4) Donations are not included in the wealth of the donor
Cheque/DD to be made in the name of “Narmadaben Charitable Foundation”
Refer to the "Financials" link to take a look at our Income/Expenditure Statement as well as Balance Sheet numbers for the last three years.
Public Charitable Trust Regn. No.E-7907/Mumbai/Date 13/11/1980
1) We are always looking for increasing the activities at our Homes for the benefit of our residents. If you would like to conduct any regular activity (yoga/pranayam, singing bhajans, etc.) for our inmates, we welcome you
2) We look for partner NGOs/Trusts that could run centers (for e.g naturopathy, toy library, etc) promoting related activities from our premises
3) And finally, we welcome you to come over to the Homes and visit us regularly
Narmada Niketan & Vishram Dham, Plot No. 2, Sector No. 8, CBD Belapur, Navi Mumbai 400 702
Registered Office: 10 Rajshree Palace, Khimji Lane, Ghatkopar East, Mumbai 400 077
Landlines: Narmada Niketan +91 22 2757 1555; Vishram Dham +91 22 2757 8754
Cells: President Bhupatray J. Mehta +91 98209 80590 or Rahul B. Mehta +91 98202 56689